Designed to terrify, the annual fright fest that is Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Orlando is an adult-targeted nighttime party, full of themed haunted houses, scare zones, heart-pounding attractions, an Academy of Villains stage show and more!
On select nights from September 14 – November 3, Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights creates the ultimate in thrills and chills from the world’s most notorious creators of horror. The 2018 Halloween Horror Nights theme is “Horrors Inspired by the ’80s.”
Top Experiences at Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 2018
Surround yourself in screams as you come face to face with the haunting world of Stranger Things, Halloween 4, Poltergeist, Carnival Graveyard, Slaughter Sinema, Revenge of Chucky, Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and so much more! Check out our favorites below:
• Stranger Things: Capturing the key elements of season one, find yourself mingling with some of the main characters in the small town of Hawkins at the Byers’ residence, middle school, Upside-Down, Hawkins Lab and more. This haunted house maze is one for the books.
• Halloween 4: Prison escapee Michael Myers is on the loose and terrorizing everyone in his path. If you’re up for several frightful “gotcha” moments, this haunted house is for you as it recreates the biggest moments from the Halloween 4 movie.
• Poltergeist: You won’t be swimming anytime soon after visiting this epic haunted house. Taking from the movie’s most famous scenes, you’ll experience Carol Anne’s room, the static-filled television, floating furniture, light-vanishing walls, the swimming pool full of floating corpses, freaky clown, giant closet skull and more. Prepare for the supernatural.
• Slaughter Sinema: Or, as we like to say, death at the drive-in. Join spooky sorority girls and murderous barbers as they wreak havoc on the ‘80s B-movie scene.
• Revenge of Chucky: Not a haunted house, this scare zone is a bloodbath, courteous of Chucky and his creepy friends. Wax nostalgic with this hard-to-look-at serial killer as he seeks revenge on everyone, including you.
• Academy of Villains – Cyberpunk: Join robot villains as they put on a stage show full of dance, acrobatics and theatrics. This all-new performance of pounding synths and neon lights is a not-to-miss show.
Halloween Horror Nights Food and Drink
Before those chainsaw clowns are chasing you around the park, you’ll need to fuel up for this spine-shivering event, which will not disappoint in the food and beverage category. In fact, Halloween Horror Nights is known for mixing booze and bites with its scares and frights.
Alcoholic Drinks at Halloween Horror Nights
Each year, Halloween Horror Nights has several pop-up bars offering themed boozy beverages that are sure to put you in the macabre mood. For 2018, the alcoholic beverages of choice are:
• Totally L.I.T. (Long Island Iced Tea), which includes vodka, tequila, gin, rum, triple sec, lime, sour and Coca-Cola.
• Wicked Rad Punch, which includes blueberry vodka, raspberry vodka, triple sec, lemonade and grenadine.
• Gnarly Twist, which is a sweet and sour combination of both the Wicked Rad Punch and Totally L.I.T.
If you had your cold-blooded heart set on those famous Halloween Horror Nights Jell-O shots, we are afraid you’ll be disappointed; no bad blood here, we’re just the messenger. You can also indulge in sugary sweet frozen non-alcoholic drinks like the Syrup & Waffles and the Candy Corn.
Food at Halloween Horror Nights
There are so many culinary delights at Halloween Horror Nights that you’d be here forever if we listed them all. As locals who attend this event every year, we’re sharing our favorite crowd pleasers with you:
• Twisted Tater: A spiral-cut potato, deep-fried and twisted around a stick, with countless topping choices.
• Pizza Fries: Seems ordinary, but these are legendary at Halloween Horror Nights. Loaded with red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni and sausage.
• Fiery Onion Ring Burger: A cheeseburger loaded with onions, pepper jack cheese and hot sauce.
• Stranger Things Pizza: Pepperoni and sausage – just like the one Dustin gave to Nancy.
• Chili Garlic Chicken Sandwich: Seasoned with spicy chili sauce, garlic and pepper jack cheese, this grilled chicken breast sandwich will ward off evil.
• Triple Decker Extravaganza Waffle: What more could you ask for than three-layered waffles, stuffed with jelly beans, chocolate, peanut butter and whipped cream? Just what you need to projectile vomit on monsters.
If you hit CityWalk during Halloween Horror Nights season, check out Voodoo Doughnut’s HHN Tombstone Doughnut, an appropriately named sweet treat that looks like a headstone.
Halloween Horror Nights: Things to Know Before You Go
• Children: This event is intense and not recommended for children under the age of 13; for young children, check out Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World or SeaWorld’s Spooktacular, an ocean of Halloween fun for the whole family.
• Dress Code: Costumes and masks are not permitted at this event. Guests wearing costumes will be turned away at the gate.
• Promotions: Purchase a Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass or book an R.I.P. Tour and you’ll jump to the front of the lines; get free admission to select CityWalk clubs with your event ticket (valid only on the same date as your Halloween Horror Nights visit). You can also save on the ticket price when you buy online.
• Annual Pass Holder: Save up to $36 for you and your friends. Check available dates and tickets here.
Book Your Vacation Home Accommodations
The thrills and chills of Halloween Horror Nights will have you running for the hills! Take a detour and come home to Encore Resort at Reunion. Wind down from the scare-fest in style, comfort and amenities galore. Our guard-gated community features modern, beautifully decorated 3- to 13-bedroom homes with backyard pools, washer/dryer units, and fully equipped kitchens, plus resort-style amenities like an AquaPark and concierge services.