Croissant aux escargots from France, hummus fries from Morocco, SPAM hash from Hawai’i, grilled sweet and spicy bush berry shrimp from Australia – these are just a few of the delectable bites on deck at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival in 2018. Pair these savory treats with a collection of confectionary delights (we recommend the Liquid Nitro chocolate truffle) and grown-up beverages including Smoked Porter Ale or a La Passion Martini Slush, and you’ll understand why foodies from across the globe gather at Disney’s Epcot theme park to celebrate the world-renowned Food & Wine Festival year after year.
Showcasing culinary flavors from countless countries, this festival is one of the tastiest events on the Disney World calendar — not to mention one of the largest food festivals in the world. Influenced by cultures spanning the globe, the festival takes place from the end of August through the beginning of November each year. We’ve got your insider’s guide on what not to miss at this year’s International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot.
Insider’s Guide to the Best of Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival 2018
Global Marketplaces: This year there are more than 30 global marketplaces all around the World Showcase that feature food, wine and beer – and with appetizer-sized portions priced from $4 – $8 each, it’s easy to sample, sample, sample. This year’s global marketplaces include: Active Eats; Africa; The Almond Orchard; Australia; Belgium; Brazil; Brewer’s Collection; Canada; The Cheese Studio; China; The Chocolate Studio; Coastal Eats; Craft Drafts; Earth Eats; The Festival Center Wine Shop; Flavors from Fire; France; Germany; Greece; Hawaii; Hops & Barley; India; Ireland; Islands of the Caribbean; Italy; Japan; Light Lab; Mexico; Morocco; New Zealand; Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar; Spain; Thailand; and the Wine & Dine Studio.
2018 Additions to the Menu: Get your taste buds ready for a host of new menu items this year. These are just a few of the new dishes we couldn’t wait to try:
• New Brunswick Slider: “Pot roast style” slow-braised beef brisket with horseradish cream and crispy fried onions at the Hops & Barley marketplace
• Butternut Squash Ravioli: With brown butter vinaigrette, Parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds at the Wine & Dine Studio
• Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak: With smoked corn cake, cilantro and pickled vegetable slaw at the Flavors from Fire Marketplace
• Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar: Get in the brunch spirit with the classic orange juice and sparkling wine mimosa, plus added variations like the Key Lime Mimosa with Key Lime Sparkling Wine and cranberry juice, and the on-tap Fromosa, which is a frozen drink featuring lime hard seltzer
Not to Miss: From South Korea to Ireland and beyond, we’ve got your not-to-miss bites and beverages right here:
• South Korea: Korean-style Barbecue with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi; Roasted Pork Lettuce Wrap and Kimchi; and for the meatless crowd, Vegan Korean BBQ with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi featuring Gardein Beefless Tips
• Ireland: Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy; Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread; Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard; Guinness Foreign Extra Stout; and Bunratty Meade Honey Wine
• France: Croissant aux Escargots – snails, garlic, butter wrapped in a festival fan favorite croissant
Entertainment at Epcot Food & Wine Festival
From the Food & Wine Half Marathon and Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt to celebrity chefs and the must-attend concert series, entertainment at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will not disappoint.
• Wine & Dine Half Marathon: Presented by MISFIT, this family-friendly event takes place November 4th and is a world-renowned race. Enjoy a stunning morning run followed by a full day of food, wine and fun!
• Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt: Join everyone’s favorite rat, Chef Remy, for his Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt (Pick up a map at the following Epcot locations: Pin Central, Festival Center, Disney Traders in World Showcase, International Gateway in World Showcase)
• Celebrity Chefs: Tiffani Thiessen, Mike Kravanis, Sheldon Simeon and more new chefs join a “who’s who” of kitchen wizardry this year!
• Eat to the Beat Concert Series: From pop and country to R&B, jazz and more, the 2018 concert series is a star-studded lineup! Acts include Glass Tiger; Air Supply; Plain White T’s; The Hooters; Jim Belushi/Sacred Hearts; Anderson East; Billy Ocean and so much more.
Book Your Vacation Home Rental Near Disney World
There are experiences galore to be had at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival! It could take days to enjoy it all, and in fact many people plan their entire vacation around this annual festival. We’re inviting you to come home to Encore Resort at Reunion, located just minutes away from the Disney World theme parks. Give your belly and taste buds a rest while enjoying the comfort and amenities of our guard-gated community, which features modern, beautifully decorated 3- to 13-bedroom homes with backyard pools, washer/dryer units, and fully equipped kitchens, plus resort-style amenities like an AquaPark and concierge services.