Five miles northeast of Orlando is the picturesque resort community of Winter Park. Walk (or drive) the cobblestone streets where you will find an abundance of local shops, bistros, inns, coffee houses and a fantastic farmers market.
The most famous area in Winter Park is the very busy and charming Park Avenue. This tree-lined street plays host to numerous little restaurants and shops. It’s a fantastic spot to grab a latte, take a walk and do a little sightseeing.
With so many things to see and do in his quaint and friendly town, we thought we’d let you in on our favorites:
Best Dinner in Winter Park
• Prato – Italian cuisine at its most delicious, Prato blends simplicity and inspiration, from Italy’s rich culinary landscape. Enjoy Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Guests will love the ambiance of the contemporary design with a rustic feel – not to mention its year-round patio seating.
• Bosphorous – Turkish hospitality comes alive at Bosphorous where they handcraft their Anatolian cuisine every day using Halal meats and the freshest vegetables and authentic ingredients – many of which are imported from Turkey. Try their signature hollow bread, Lavas, which is baked to order.
Best Brunch in Winter Park
• Canopy Café – A local favorite, Canopy Café offers brunch all day. Choose from three dining areas: indoors, outdoors under umbrellas or their warm and inviting canopy-covered patio. The brunch menu seems to stretch for days and days, and the mimosas are a must! Not only that, but Canopy Café is also dog-friendly.
• The Ravenous Pig – The James Beard-nominated The Ravenous Pig happens to be one of Orlando’s finest gastropubs. Mixing farmhouse chic with upscale sleek, brunch goers flock to this Park Avenue restaurant for a little patio dining and a lot of gourmet eats. First on your list – Chicken & Waffles.
Best Specialty Shops in Winter Park
• The Ancient Olive – Delivering the best in premium extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegars, The Ancient Olive is an epicurean adventure for those taste-testers who love to sample and shop. Come hungry and dive into Spanish olives, French mustards, award-winning preserves, dry-cured sausages, nuts, handcrafted pastas, unique cocktail mixers and much more.
• The Spice & Tea Exchange – With more than 140 spices, 80+ exclusive hand-mixed blends, 16 naturally-flavored sugars, olive oils, different salts and peppers from around the globe, and countless exotic teas, The Spice & Tea Exchange is your one-stop shop for everything flavorful.
Best Things to Do in Winter Park
• Mead Botanical Garden – This 48-acre urban oasis features tall pine trees, hiking trails, a vibrant creek, boardwalk, greenhouse, butterfly garden, and a pond that’s home to turtles, fish and wading birds. At MeadBotanical Garden, you’ll find adventure and tranquility – a world of discovery and experience.
• Enzian Theater – A single screen cinema café and home of Eden Bar, the Enzian Theater also hosts the Florida Film Festival. As Central Florida’s only cinema that offers independent, foreign and classic films, Enzian Theater’s sole purpose is to entertain, inspire, educate and connect the local community through film.
• Winter Park Boat Tours – Offering scenic, hour-long guided cruises starting on Lake Osceola, Winter Park Boat Tours takes passengers through three of the seven lakes and two man-made canals on the Winter Park chain. First-time visitors and locals alike love these off-the-beaten-path adventures and the scenic flora and fauna sprawling throughout the tours.
• Winter Park Farmer’s Market – Held at an old train depot, the Winter Park Farmers’ Market takes place Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is a popular community gathering place that provides fine produce, plants, baked goods and more.
A Little History of Winter Park
Famous for its abundant parks, brick-lined cobblestone streets, museums, spectacular homes, stately trees, vibrant lakes and boutique shops along Park Avenue, Winter Park has, for more than 150 years, been a tourist haven. Northerners would come to the city to get away from the snow and enjoy Winter Park’s beautiful lakes, countless parks, warm temperatures and natural surroundings. Today, it’s a hoppin’ little downtown. If you can’t find something to do, watch, eat, drink or buy in Winter Park, then you weren’t paying attention – because this hub of commerce, culture and entertainment delivers, morning, noon and night.
Book Your Vacation Home Accommodations
From a busy day of Winter Park entertainment to an evening of relaxation at Encore Resort at Reunion, just sit back, unwind and breathe. Come home to our guard-gated community which features modern, beautifully decorated 4- to 13-bedroom homes with backyard pools, washer/dryer units, and fully equipped kitchens, plus resort-style amenities like an Aqua Park and free shuttle. This is the perfect way to end your day. Each of our homes offers ample room for you to socialize, relax and unwind after a busy day.