A trip to Orlando is not complete without a visit to Gatorland, Central Florida’s theme park wholly devoted to the state’s most famous native residents. This 110-acre park and wildlife preserve combines old Florida charm with exciting new exhibits and entertainment, making it one of Orlando’s best half-day attractions.
Featuring hundreds of alligators and even crocodiles, Gatorland’s attractions are not only fun, they’re educational, too. But you don’t have to tell the kiddos that secret. Attractions include a free-flight aviary, the 1200-foot Screaming Gator Zip Line, petting zoo, animal shows, the Stompin’ Gator Off-Road Adventure Ride and Gator Joe’s Adventure Outpost, an alligator breeding marsh and so much more. If you are headed to Orlando, this is a theme park you absolutely won’t want to miss.
Insider Tips for Your Visit to Gatorland
First-time visitor or seasoned Gatorland pro, check out these tips to make the most of your trip to the “Alligator Capital of the World.” Before you head to Gatorland for the day, make sure you check out their current specials – they have many packages and special pricing offers for Gatorland visitors!
- Take Your Time: You will easily spend a half-day or longer at Gatorland. There is much to see and even more to do, so don’t rush your trip; you’ll want to see everything this theme park has to offer its visitors.
- Look for the Grunts: Did you know American baby alligators are called grunts because of the sound they make? Gatorland has plenty of grunts – make sure you look for them. While you’re at it, Gatorland happens to have the largest collection of extremely rare white leucistic alligators – keep your eyes peeled for these beautiful creatures!
- Visit the Breeding Marsh: Speaking of grunts, you can view alligators up close and personal on this nature trail. You will not be disappointed, and you may even have to resist the urge to take one home!
- Bring Cash: This is so you can feed the alligators. And while they don’t eat the green stuff, it costs $3 to feed the alligators and the alligator feeding area only accepts cash.
- Don’t Pack a Lunch: You will have to throw it out. To keep the animals safe, Gatorland does not allow any food inside the park, however the concession stands are very affordable and have choices for everyone.
- Ride the Screaming Gator Zip Line: This must-do attraction will have you zipping along at speeds up to 30 mph directly over live alligators and crocodiles.
- Suit Up: Central Florida gets hot! Bring your bathing suit and check out the Gator Gully splash pad area to cool off in the hot sun. Just make sure you remember a change of clothes.
- Board the Stompin’ Gator Off-Road Adventure Ride and Gator Joe’s Adventure Outpost: These 12-foot-high custom-made, off-road monster vehicles will take you on a 15-minute rugged and hilarious adventure. Say hello to the wacky new Gatorland characters and sing along with the tour guides through a swampy adventure loaded with alligators.
- Behind the Scenes Experience: Before you visit Gatorland, if it’s in your budget, contact the park and ask them about their behind the scenes experiences. Some can be booked at the park when you arrive, while others need to be scheduled ahead of time. Check out the Trainer for a Day experience. Prices vary.
- Visit the Non-Gator Residents: From emus, snakes and giant tortoises, to bobcats, deer, flamingos and more, Gatorland is home to many animals and reptiles. Emus need love, too!
- See a Show: From the Jumparoo Show and Up Close Encounters to the Gator Wrestling show, these are a great way to relax and enjoy the fun!
- Ride the Train: Every theme park must have a train, right? The Gatorland Express Train offers a quick ride around the park, where you will see all the action. This is a perfect midday rest to perk you up for the afternoon!
Book Your Vacation Home Accommodations
What a day! Who knew you could spend so much time up close and personal with alligators and live to tell about it! Thankfully, after your trip to Gatorland, you can come home to Encore Resort at Reunion. Plan your vacation in style. Our guard-gated community features modern, beautifully decorated 4- to 13-bedroom homes with backyard pools, washer/dryer units, and fully equipped kitchens, plus resort-style amenities like an AquaPark and concierge services.