Nothing says destination wedding like a ceremony on one of Florida’s stunning west coast beaches. With crystal clear waters, endless Gulf Coast views and an array of sun-and-sandy options, there is a reason the west coast of Florida is beach wedding bliss. Any time of year, beachgoers in Clearwater, St. Pete, Siesta Key and more are sure to catch a glimpse of a happy couple tying the knot. From intimate island-based affairs to full-on beach wedding galas, Florida’s Gulf Coast has a beach wedding venue for everyone.
The best time of day to have your wedding? Sunset, of course! As the sun sets, you may even catch the elusive “green flash,” which resembles a green ray shooting up from the sunset point; it is a rare but breathtaking sight to see.
Take a look at some of our favorite Florida beach wedding locations. And in case you need help getting started, we’ve included some venues, officiants and wedding planners in each location.
Beach Weddings in Clearwater, Florida
With miles and miles of white-powder, sugar-sand beaches, the Clearwater area offers breathtaking scenery for a beach wedding. Whether you’re looking to do a walk-on ceremony for two (no permits needed) or you want to do it up at a resort, Clearwater Beach has you covered. A favorite spot is just before North Beach, where the tourists are few and far between and you may just have the beach to yourselves. Another favorite is just south of Clearwater Beach – Sand Key Park (fees apply).
Clearwater Beach Wedding Info
• Wedding Planners and Officiants: Florida Wedding Professionals; Sensational Ceremonies; Made for Each Other Weddings; Life’s a Beach Wedding; Promises Events
• Wedding Venues: The Sandpearl Resort; Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach; Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa; Sheraton Sand Key Resort
St. Pete Beach Weddings
You’ll fall in love all over again when you say “I do” on St. Pete Beach – especially at sunset. Also known for its sugar-white sand beaches, many a dream wedding has taken place at St. Pete Beach. From the more remote Pass-A-Grille Beach on the southern end to Upham Beach on the northern end, St. Pete Beach offers the best in spectacular destination wedding spots.
St. Pete Beach Wedding Info
• Wedding Planners and Officiants: Gulf Beach Weddings; Simple Weddings; Diamond on the Beach Weddings; Expert Wedding Productions; Waterfront Vows Wedding Services; Florida Beach Weddings by Weddings On a Whim
• Wedding Venues: The Don CeSar; The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort; TradeWinds Island Grand Resort; The Kimpton Hotel Zamora
Indian Rocks Beach and Treasure Island Weddings
From Clearwater Beach in the north to St. Pete Beach in the south, there are several smaller beaches—just as beautiful, just as perfect for a wedding, slightly less busy—to consider when researching your Gulf Coast Florida Beach Wedding. Indian Rocks Beach and Treasure Island Beach both offer white sand, local charm and stunning sunsets.
Before your nuptials, sneak away with your love to the Indian Rocks Beach Nature Preserve. This hidden gem is relaxing, picturesque and the perfect place to see some stunning Florida scenery. Take advantage of the boardwalks and fishing pier during your visit. Make sure to tell your guests about John’s Pass Village and Boardwalk if they’ll be in the Treasure Island area. Full of boutique shops, restaurants and boating adventures, this is a must-not-miss spot!
Indian Rocks Beach and Treasure Island Wedding Info
• Wedding Planners and Officiants: Beachangels Weddings; Kissing Fish Weddings; Simple Weddings; Weddings On a Whim
• Wedding Venues: Treasure Island Beach Resort; Holiday Inn Harbourside
Sanibel Captiva Island and Naples Weddings
While the entire Gulf Coast of Florida plays host to spectacular wedding beaches, a few hours to the south of Clearwater and St. Pete beaches are two other favorite Florida beach wedding destinations: Sanibel Captiva Island and Naples.
If Sanibel Island is your destination, try shelling on the beach. The rare Junonia shell is on the bucket list of many a Sanibel visitor. Find one and you may even see your picture in the paper! If you’re heading to Naples for your big day, there is much to do on Florida’s Paradise Coast. Visitors love taking manatee sightseeing tours and visiting the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. Sounds swampy? It’s actually a 13,000 acre preserve full of Florida’s pristine wilderness and has a two-mile boardwalk.
Sanibel Captiva Island and Naples Wedding Info
• Wedding Planners and Officiants: Weddings YOUR WAY; Weddings Made Simple; Ocean Wave Weddings; Beautiful Florida Weddings
• Wedding Venues: Naples Grande Beach Resort; The Ritz-Carlton Naples; LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort; South Seas Island Resort; Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
Book Your Vacation Home Accommodations
Come home and relax after your west coast wedding celebration at Encore Resort at Reunion. Our guard-gated community features modern, beautifully decorated 4- to 13-bedroom homes with backyard pools, washer/dryer units, and fully equipped kitchens, plus resort-style amenities like an Aqua Park and free shuttle. Perfect for wedding parties, each of our homes offers ample room for you to socialize, relax and unwind, and our expert concierge staff can help tie your entire Florida destination wedding trip together.