It’s Time to ring in the New Year! The safest and best New Year’s Eve celebrations are with your loved ones at home — yours or ours! The curated resort residences at Encore Resort at Reunion are perfect for such a gathering, with plenty of space so that everyone can be comfortable while celebrating together. Staying in doesn’t mean boring, though. We have plenty of ideas for easy ways to make your family’s celebration special.
Make your space festive and sparkly with all things 2021. Be sure to include:
- Party hats and noisemakers.
- A New Year’s photo backdrop and with simple props for fun, Instagram-worthy photos.
- Simple balloon drop. Blow up colorful balloons, place in the middle of a white sheet, and secure to ceiling.
One way to build anticipation throughout the evening is to create cute countdown bags for each hour: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 p.m. and 12 a.m. Inside each bag, you can stash the supplies for an entertaining activity to do together. Try some of our favorites:
- Create a time capsule for this crazy year by having everyone collect meaningful items from your home to place in a box. Each person can write a few sentences about their memories of 2020 to include. Then, stash the box to open this time next year!
- Play beloved and new board games to get everyone laughing.
- Write down your resolutions for 2021.
- Light sparklers in your back yard and dance around.
- Plan your next trip to Encore Resort!
- Watch a new movie together.
- Get conversations going by asking opinions on the year’s “Bests” (movies, books, TV shows, songs, etc.)
Food and Beverages
Of course, no party is complete without fantastic food and drinks. Be sure you have plenty of great snacks and make the evening special with some of these surprises:
- A delicious dessert bar with everyone’s favorites.
- A hot chocolate bar with different kinds of marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, peppermint sticks and more.
- Grape skewers because it’s a Spanish tradition to eat 12 grapes at midnight for good luck and prosperity.
- Chocolate kisses so each person has a midnight kiss.
Welcoming in the New Year
If everyone in your group can stay awake until midnight, usher in 2021 together. You might want to:
- Watch the ball drop in New York City’s Times Square on TV.
- Have a bubble wrap stomp, which sounds like firecrackers!
- Drink a toast to 2021.
- Sleep under the Christmas tree one last time.
Cheers to the New Year!